Barry Duggan passed away in September 2021, at the age of 77. He had been suffering from Alzheimer’s for 3-4 years.
Barry requested No Service or Celebration of Life.
Click to enlarge the picture:
Click to enlarge the picture above.
Summary is from early career to the most recent:
- CFO of Tubeco Industries Ltd., a national importer/exporter and distributor in Canada of steel tubing and pipe. I progressed to western regional manager/CFO. Experience included managing growth from Vancouver, the prairie provinces, Ontario and Quebec.
- CFO of CKVU Television Ltd. in Vancouver. Experienced the early years of an independent television station in a major market of Canada. Assisted in it’s growth to the number two rated station. I left the station when it was sold to the Global network.
- President and CEO of ITV Edmonton. ITV included Studio Post & Transfer Ltd., Apple Box Productions Ltd, and Allarcom Studios. I was transferred after approximately 6 years to President of BCTV in Vancouver. I left he station when the companies put the station up for sale.
- President of Novus entertainment Ltd. of Vancouver. Novus was a a cable television and internet provider for multiple housing unit buildings in Vancouver. Novus was sold to a large developer.
- President of The Beat 94.5 FM radio station in Vancouver The Beat became the number 1 station in the market in its third year. After year 6 it was sold to CHUM Broadcasting of Toronto.
6.CFO of Tudor Sales Ltd./ Tavi Tequila Inc of Vancouver. Tudor was an importer of heavy construction steel products. Tavi Tequila was a Guadalajara Mexico based manufacturer of tequila spirits. It was imported into Canada and the USA and then distributed to the retail dealers.
- Currently, a contractor for an Telecom/ISP provider. I obtained a CRTC license to become a television cable provider. After receiving the go ahead from the CRTC, the company decided not to proceed.